Wednesday, September 12, 2007

We're going on a bear hunt


"We're going to catch a big one.
What a beautiful day.
Uh-oh! A forest!
A big, dark forest.
We can't go over it.
We can't go under it.
Oh, no!
We've got to go through it!"

Stumble trip.
Stumble trip.
Stumble trip."





These are some of the words to the book "Going on a Bear Hunt" that I recite to Sam when he starts getting antsy when we are out for walk and still a ways from home. (read: he wants me to carry him for a 1/2 mile while I push a cumbersome stroller filled with babies) It also works when things take a turn for the worse during a long car ride for me to start reciting books from memory. "What makes a Rainbow" is another tried and true calmer of my kids. Then there's the old stand by: "Time for Bed". It pays to read a story two hundred times!
But beware, the kids learn the exact words better than the parents. I was having trouble remembering how the rest of this phrase went, ..."Oh no! A cave! A ????? was it a deep dark cave? Sam quickly reminded me by saying "NO a narrow, GLOOOOMY cave." Oh yes. How could I forget? We never did find any real bears, but we did manage to find a couple parks to play at before heading home.

0 comments:

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP