Saturday, September 22, 2007

Warning! Venting and rambling below!

For the past month our weekends have been consumed by open houses and cleaning. We've had perfect weather for them, but still not many people came. In a sense that beautiful weather has been wasted by missing out on family activities. This morning our house was placed on the MLS so we will have a better chance of selling it before the dreaded foreclosure word has to become a reality. So you'd think not having an open house would free us up for fun right? Wrong. It freed us (me) up to do all the work we've had to ignore for the past month - laundry, hair cuts, paperwork, time consuming errands just to name a few. Brian isn't feeling well and I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I'm jealous. I'm so worn out from 14 hour days with the kids while Brian works long hours at his temp job that I think a bout with a virus would be a welcome break from my life. How sad is that?
To make matters worse, Julia isn't sleeping through the night and hasn't in two months. I feel like I have a newborn again except she's constantly on the go when she's awake so my exhaustion is compounded by having to keep up with multiple mobile children. Last night was the worst - from midnight until 3am she and I were on the couch. I did enjoy snuggling, but I did NOT enjoy the kicks in the stomach as she repositioned herself every 30 minutes. So what in the world am I doing on the computer if I'm so tired? It's a question I'm sure my husband wonders a lot. If I don't stay up after the kids go to bed I'd get ZERO "me" time. Zip. Sam is up at the crack of dawn so there's no way I can get up before him and have time to myself. Gosh, I sound so selfish tonight...Perhaps I should hit delete and forget this post entirely. But then again, how else will I remember in 20 years my confusion and exhaustion during these first years?

I did have the pleasure of taking my sister's senior portraits today so that was a bright spot.
Kara has the most beautiful hazel eyes. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous September 22, 2007 at 11:56 PM  

Uh...yeah...zero me time. That is so hard. Doesn't it make you feel crazy sometimes? Sometimes I feel if I don't spend 20 minutes on the computer at night by myself, I get mad. I'm so sorry things are tough. I hope things look up soon. ~Amy

Anonymous September 24, 2007 at 9:54 PM  

I guess we all just need to vent sometimes, huh?

You know I'm in the same boat as you on this one!

Let's all just book a cruise together and leave the kiddos with the hubby's! Wouldn't that just be a BLAST?!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP