Monday, September 3, 2007

It may be Labor Day

but we didn't do any work today. It felt good to spend a normal day as a family - the first in a month. We walked to the park, ate apples picked from Grandpa's tree, played in the yard, took naps, played in the yard some more, ate dinner together as a family (spaghetti - a first for Julia. She didn't like it) , and put the kids to bed at 6:30.


The most memorable moment for me today was walking into Sam's room after his nap and wondering why his bare belly was all dirty. Ever since his "shirt strike" we only force him into one when we're leaving the house. This was one time when that was a good thing. I could wash the poop, yes POOP off in the tub with lots of hot soapy water and not have to scrub a shirt. I guess technically that would be considered labor. I chose to call it the part of motherhood nobody warned me about.

2 comments:

Anonymous September 3, 2007 at 10:14 PM  

Oh, I love all your recent posts! I hope your house sells soon! Sam is quite the fisherman, and Julia's such a cutie! Where did all those teeth come from! WOW! AND, 6:30 bedtime...I could handle that! Sorry about the poopy...talk about LABOR! :)

Anonymous September 4, 2007 at 10:04 PM  

Shirt strike? That's humorous. :) No news on our home, not even a showing. We live in a newly redeveloped neighborhood though and nothing has sold around here since last year. I enjoy your blog, your home looks great, and I hope the LORD will sell your home soon too.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP