Friday, September 14, 2007

A day off

I woke up with these words in my head: "Look full in His wonderful face and the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace."
God has been laying on my heart that I need to turn everything over to him. Sure I have been waiting somewhat patiently for an answer on where we are suppose to live and work, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't do something to move us closer to somewhere. Let me explain: I spend nap times looking for job postings and thinking about ways to get us out of this mess we're in. This means I don't get myself recharged and ready to spend the rest of the afternoon with the kids with the most positive attitude. I have searched every corner of the state for a career opportunity for Brian. We've filled out numerous applications and now we have to wait for a phone call. Waiting is hard - especially when I am out of things to sell on the Internet to make extra cash. I have been ignoring that still, small voice that has been gently telling me to let HIM do the worrying. The other area where I feel convicted is in the amount of time I spend on the computer. Granted, I need the computer to look for jobs and to advertise our open houses, but I spend way too much time trying to escape my life by reading about other people's. So.....today I'm turning off the computer. I might turn it on after the kids go to bed or I might not. It depends on when Brian gets home from work. (Have I mentioned that he's doing some landscaping work for a company he used to work for right after we were married?) He's been working very, very long hours which means he's tired when he gets home and I'm exhausted from a 14 hour day home alone (without a car) with 2-4 children.
Today is about my kids. We have school today, I might take them to window shop at a nearby toy store, maybe we'll go to the mall's playland, maybe we'll watch planes fly over our house, make a fort to read books in, or perhaps we'll venture to the airport to watch the planes land. I don't know exactly. But what I do know is that I'm not going to be spending any time reading blogs, checking email, or job hunting.

Today this song is my prayer:

I cast all my cares upon You.
I lay all of my burdens down at your feet.
And any time I don't know what to do,

I will cast all my cares upon You.

Amen

1 comments:

Anonymous September 14, 2007 at 1:28 PM  

Lovely post. Thanks for sharing.

(Seeing the photos reminded me...I don't have Sam's photos correlated the same way...so I will need the cd if you have one (?) or for you to post them briefly so I can figure out which ones you want. Sorry!!)

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP