Sunday, August 26, 2007

Our First Showing!

Since I already know the outcome, it's hard to show much excitement for sharing the news that we had someone call about seeing the house today. We had 1 1/2 hours notice and since there's a big difference between being ready for house pictures and ready for a showing - we had our work cut out for us. I had to get creative in where to put things - baby monitor in the china cabinet, remote controls in my dresser along with some candle holders, CD player in Julia's dresser, dog supplies under the play structure in the yard, jars of grain in the china cabinet. About the only place I didn't hide something was in the fridge. Oh wait....scratch that. I did cram the fruit bowl in there. (Have to maximize that counter space ya know!) Brian loaded up the kids and the dog in the car and went to a park. I spent the final 10 minutes on my hands and knees spot cleaning the floor. It was very, very strange to be home alone - completely alone. Even the dog was away. The lady who came to see the place was looking for a different floor plan than we have. Nothing I can do about that. In hindsight we should have probably done an open house today. I mean we ended up having the house looking so good, we might as well have beckoned people in. I guess it's time to call the Realtor.

1 comments:

Anonymous August 27, 2007 at 11:22 AM  

Hooray for a first showing already! Johnny & I had Open Houses at our old home nearly every Sunday last year (it sold in 2 months), and that's how the buyers found our home. We never advertised, just posted signs everywhere. Johnny stayed there, while I took Henri somewhere for the afternoon (usually my parents so that he could nap).

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP