Wednesday, August 1, 2007

It's time to vote for Julia

Today is the first day of voting in the Evenflo cute baby contest.) EACH email address can vote once a day until the 15th. I would be so grateful for every vote! No need to scroll down to find this post every day, I've added a link to my side bar. :) Julia is the 3rd baby listed so it should only take a couple clicks of the mouse to vote for her.

In related news: The makers of the Kissaluvs cloth diapers we use requested more photos of Julia besides the one they chose as a finalist. Of course I was more than happy to oblige. I'm still awaiting my surprise that the company sent as our reward. The photo I used to make my new header placed second in a local photo competition. (Two other photographs placed first and third in their categories). It's been an exciting summer for taking pictures!!

The following is the email I just got this evening from Hp. I'd completely given up on that contest. Now that's a pleasant surprise!

Holy Guaca-moly you've won!

Congratulations! Your photo entry has made you a lucky third prize winner
in the HP/ Shrek the Third Capture Your Ever After photo contest. Your
prize includes an HP Photosmart A616 compact printer, carrying case, and
an HP Custom 110 Series photo value pack.

2 comments:

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 10:20 PM  

Congratulations! Where did all this photo-taking talent come from? Um, what kind of camera do you have? :)

Anonymous August 1, 2007 at 10:53 PM  

That's a good question Yvette! I don't think I've ever blogged about that before. Both my parents were big into photography. My dad did some professional work as a wedding photographer. (so did my mom's brother) I've done a couple weddings, but certainly wouldn't consider myself a professional. I started taking pictures when I was ten years old - gosh has it really been 20 years already? Wow! I guess I do have boxes and boxes of pictures to attest to that fact. I entered photographs in the county fairs for 10 years using a SLR camera that I still own, but haven't touched since I got my digital. I opted for the convenience of a point-and-shoot. It's a Nikon Coolpix 5600. (5.1 Megapixels)
I'm dreaming of the day I can upgrade to something like Jennifer's digital SLR.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP