Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Back to school

I don't live under a rock (though with our current housing situation, that might not be accurate in the near future). Already I'm digressing....sorry. It's been a really, really long three weeks. Anyway....I know it's back to school time. I know kids are lining up their #2 pencils, loading up on folders, stylish new clothes, and savoring the final days of summer. I was still caught off guard when the phone rang last week and the voice on the other end said, "Hi , My name is Rannel. I'm going to be Sam's preschool teacher this fall." What? I signed up for preschool? I know I'm sleep deprived, but how in the world could I forget something so important? There must be some mistake. These are the thoughts that flashed through my brain like lightening as my mouth mumbled who knows what. As so not to sound like a complete fool, I went with the flow and in the conversation about the upcoming open house I discovered that this lady had called the right number and it wasn't just a fluke that she was talking about Sam. (It is a common name after all- over 400 in 2004 in Minnesota alone) While we call all of the Early Childhood Education classes the kids take "school" I certainly wouldn't consider one day a week preschool. Either way, if the open house last night is any indication - Sam is going to L-O-V-E school!



Julia and I will be taking a class next door to Sam's on the "drop off day". I feel very fortunate that I get to ease into this whole new world of letting go.

0 comments:

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP