Thursday, July 19, 2007

Prayer Request

My childhood friend Owen contracted Lyme's Disease while hiking in the Ice Age Trail in Wisconsin earlier this summer. I learned this morning that he's experiencing complications with his heart as a result. He and his wife, Staci, have three young children - Virginia (4), Joseph (2), and Moriah (8 months). Would you please join me in praying for him and his family?

A few details on his condition per a conversation with Staci a few minutes ago:

His heart rate dropped to 20 beats per minute on Friday and he was experiencing 3rd degree heart block. Basically that means that his heart was beating, but the top and bottom half weren't communicating with each other. After a few days with a temporary pacemaker his heart rate is improving. He's still experiencing a 1st degree heart block and his heart rhythm has not returned to normal yet. Praise God that he's able to go home from the hospital today! Specific prayer requests: That Owen's heart rhythm would return to normal and the whole lack of health insurance issue will be resolved.

Owen and I on a kayak trip in Voyageurs National Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous July 19, 2007 at 12:14 PM  

I am very sorry to hear about your friend, Carrie. I will keep Owen in my prayers definitely. I will also pray for Staci and the children - I know how it is to be on the other side with a spouse being sick. It is not easy. My heart goes out to them.

Anonymous July 19, 2007 at 4:17 PM  

Yes, Carrie, we will be praying for Owen and his family. I actually have an uncle, a cousin, and an aunt with Lyme's disease. Connecticut is rampant with lousy lyme-infected ticks. They are all stable, and we will be praying that Owen will be too.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP