Monday, July 2, 2007

Mommy Talk Monday


Want to read more about mommy talk?

The question for this week:

How hard was it for you to lose your pregnancy weight and keep it off?

With Sam I gained about 35 lbs. When I came came home from the hospital with him I was 18 lbs lighter. Those were the fastest (and hardest) pounds I ever lost. I was able to lose another 5 pounds by breastfeeding and walking a lot. The last 5 pounds took some extra work and with my ten year reunion the summer Sam was 10 months old, I really wanted to get back in shape. I bought one of those lateral thigh trainers at Target that's basically a fancy stepper. It did the trick and I lost those last 5 pounds and a bonus 5!

I went into my second pregnancy at my lowest weight since my starvation days of 10th grade. Rather than gaining weight, I lost 15 pounds before I gained any because of morning sickness.
I wore maternity clothes much longer after this pregnancy and overall it's been harder to lose this last 10 lbs. I can't get out for walks much because I don't have a way to move quickly with 3-4 kids in tow. Walking at Sam's pace is fun, but it's not a calorie burner. My size 8's fit so I'm not complaining, it's just that I know where I was 2 summers ago and am determined to get there again. I have a size 4 pair of white linen capris that I want to wear before the no-white-after-Labor Day-cutoff. Is that too much to ask? I suppose I should stop buying Little Debbie's and eating hot fudge sauce straight from the jar then.

One thing I learned in my nutrition research that pertains to this topic: When a breastfeeding mom loses weight too quickly the toxins that have been building up in our fat stores is excreted in our breast milk.

4 comments:

Anonymous July 2, 2007 at 11:09 AM  

It's not too much to ask at all to fit into those capris, you can do it!! Great entry!

Anonymous July 2, 2007 at 2:33 PM  

Without that goal of the white capri's before Labor Day, what else would motivate you?
Interestint nutrition tidbit.
:)

Anonymous July 2, 2007 at 2:34 PM  

Thank you for your kind words on my blog:)

That is an interesting little tidbit of information about breastfeeding mamas and fat! I wonder how that works?

Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous July 2, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

If you're in a size 8 now, then you're doing just fine :) It'll come off. It takes 9 months to put it on and a little longer to get it off. Very nice blog you have and your babies are gorgeous!!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP