Monday, July 23, 2007

Beach Bums

I wouldn't consider my life to be over-scheduled. Busy, yes, but that's the way I like it. I've never been good at just lounging around the house. (Just ask my husband who works outside 40 hours a week and would love nothing more than one day week to plop on the couch for a few hours.) We go go go a lot and I have over 200 blog entries to attest to that fact. Summers have been known to fly by in the blink of an eye and I'm wondering if that is a good thing. There is a never-ending supply of fun things to do with kids in the Twin Cities, but do I need to take my kids to as many as possible? Am I harming them in anyway by not letting them get bored and figure out ways to entertain themselves? Sam still has fun putting rocks in a bucket and lining up toys so I know he's not completely ruined....yet. I like to go places, see the world through my kid's eyes, and create memories and traditions for us to do year after year. These are things I like to do, but are they good for the kids? Who knows, it's just something I'm becoming more aware of as another summer month draws to a close.

These are some pictures from area beaches we cooled off at over the weekend.









Apparently Lake Ann was the place to be on Saturday. This is a list of what we saw in a matter of minutes while eating our lunch:
1) low flying helicopter
2) scuba divers
3) propeller plane
4) 3 jet planes
5) canoe
6) paddle boat
7) fishing boat
8) loon
9) schools and schools of sunfish

3 comments:

Anonymous July 23, 2007 at 8:30 PM  

I'm a go go go mom, too, so I don't know if I am a good person to tell you to take it more easy...but I find that you do have a great balance. There are certainly times when your kids have a chance to be "bored" and learn to entertain themselves. Too much of that wouldn't even be good for them, so off you go! That's how I like it as well. I like the pink letters on this post!! Intentional? Must have been...

Anonymous July 24, 2007 at 9:28 AM  

I'm the opposite of you and Jennifer with the go go go-ness. I actually enjoy days at home! I agree with Jennifer though...you seem to have a great balance of the two! Your kids would let you know, one way or another, if they were to "busy"!

Anonymous July 24, 2007 at 2:44 PM  

That is the cutest picture of the two of them in the pink hat and blue hats. : )

I know what you mean about the go go go Mom. Although working takes a lot out of me it seems like when I'm home we're still always doing something whether it's athletics or 4-H. However, I agree, it's good to be busy I wouldn't have it any other way.

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP