Friday, June 29, 2007

Tipping the scales

Julia had her 9 month check-up today. The most memorable moment wasn't when the nurse asked me if she would stand on the scale to be weighed, or when I learned she'd gained 3 pounds since her last appointment. It wasn't even when I did the math and discovered she'd grown 4 inches in 3 months. It was when we were making her 12 month appointment and the mom and daughter next to me were rescheduling an appointment. The daughter appeared to be in her teens, perhaps going off to college in the fall. The receptionist asked for her birthday, "2-14-92," the girl replied. While a different receptionist oohed and aahed over Julia, I waited for the mom to correct the daughter on the year. Of course the girl knew her birthday so there was no correction to be made, but I was stumped. I was a sophomore in high school when this girl was born. How could that be? Oh yeah. I know now. I'm 30. It's been 15 YEARS since I was a sophomore. It's true, time flies when your having fun.

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP