Sunday, June 24, 2007

Denver Day 4 - The Mountains

This was a very cool spot to visit although we didn't anticipate spending quite so much time here. but....


when coolant is oozing from the car.....

you make the best of the situation and play with Bob the Builder toys in the snow.




We "lost" some time in Winter Park while Brian and his dad worked on the car some more, but then we continued on to Rocky Mountain National Park.

There are elk grazing off in the distance. A few minutes earlier we'd spotted a moose. This was turning out to be a pretty good day after all.

or so I thought...I was terrified and I mean TERRIFIED of the drive we took over these mountains. My nerves were fried by the time we got back down. I couldn't enjoy the beautiful scenery because one wrong move, one flat tire, and we would tumble thousands of feet over the side of the mountain. I don't know why they even bothered painting a white line on the side of the road an inch from the drop-off.

I wish I had pictures to post of baby Noah's birthday party here, but it didn't work out for us to attend because the lake we had plans to meet Brian's cousins at was an hour away.

Instead we watched the kids play (and exfoliate) in the sand.




It had been an adventurous day to say the least! It was nice to end it with a playful evening at the beach.

0 comments:

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP