Monday, May 21, 2007

Our first day at the beach


It's not even June and it's already hot and muggy. I HATE hot weather, but I LOVE living within walking distance of a beach.
I had planned to take the kids outside after Grant woke up from his nap. Honestly though, I wasn't looking forward to it. I was content to be lazy. Sam was watching a cartoon that I hardly ever let him watch, and Julia was rolling all over the living room floor. We were clean, cool, and content. But.....it's good for the kids to get fresh air and it sure makes the day go faster to be out and about.
Even with a few raindrops from a passing cloud we had a great time. Brian knew we were going to be down at the beach so he did some mowing there after a brief visit with us. Sam even got to sit on Daddy's big "lawn moen". We dined on Two-eee (kiwi) and Tings (a health food store snack that looks like cheetos, but not cheesy tasting). It turned out to be worth the trouble to slather on the sunscreen, pick ants off the blankets, and shake the sand out of EVERYTHING.
Thanks for planting this idea in my head Jennifer! I hope you and the boys had a nice time at your beach as well.

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Anonymous May 21, 2007 at 8:13 PM  

We did have a great time...I'm glad we inspired you! We did less swimming and more sand and water playing than I'd have guessed because it was windy and not terribly hot. What beach is that that you guys were at??

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP