Wednesday, May 30, 2007

On the menu for today


What I feed my kids might not be all that exciting for others to read, but in a year when Julia won't eat veggies I want to be able to look back and see that I gave it my best effort. (Sam boycotted the spoon at 11 months and he wasn't used to eating veggies as finger food yet. This led to our downward spiral into Sam-not-eating-veggies world.) Obviously Julia loves eating everything with her fingers so maybe there's hope for her.

Today's lunch menu:
zucchini chunks (I swear I didn't put that seed on her nose! It got there all by itself.)
grated raw milk cheddar cheese
pieces of nectarine
brown rice cake covered in tahini
chunks of rutabaga

I'm making less and less purees and letting her eat pieces of fruits and veggies by herself. It's messy eating, but she's happy.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous May 30, 2007 at 1:59 PM  

Yeah Julia! Any time we put food that has some kind of a "chunk" in Liv's mouth, she gags...I guess she's not ready for that yet! Julia, you're far ahead of us! And, I have to say, most of the stuff on the menu I have never even eaten!

Anonymous May 30, 2007 at 2:05 PM  

Oh, it IS exciting for me to read! Cullen still loves the spoon, but does to finger food. Zucchini was on his plate for lunch, too! But no rutabaga! Nice work!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP