Thursday, May 17, 2007

Holding down the fort


photo by Jennifer McKinney Photography



I'm on my own until Sunday after sending Brian off with his Dad, sister, Sharon, and two friends at 2:30 this morning. I often take the kids grocery shopping, to the park, to the doctor, out to eat, to the library, and to playgroups by myself so that part I'm not worried about. It's the emotional support that I'll miss the most - that and bedtime help. Our routine lately has Brian watching the kids while they are in the tub and then I take Julia and get her to bed before I join the boys in Sam's room for the final story, prayers, and our ritual singing of Jesus Loves Me and Silent Night. If Julia can hold out during Sam's story time we'll be fine. If not.....

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous May 17, 2007 at 6:22 PM  

Here's hoping and trusting that bedtimes will go okay without Daddy there. And what a sweet tribute to him and his place in your family in your TT! You guys will do great. Plus, absence makes the heart grow fonder...

Anonymous May 17, 2007 at 10:23 PM  

I also hate it when my husband is gone. There is some sense of security and safety that he brings to our home! This is a really cute picture of you and your kiddos, I have to say! GREAT JOB AGAIN JENNIFER!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP