Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Burning Up

Me: Do you think I should call the doctor?
Brian: Yeah
Me: (on the phone with pediatrician) Sam has a temp of 104.3
Doc: under the arm or orally?
Me: Rectally
Doc: Oh..... (that "oh", where they realize that this is a valid call to be making at 11pm)

She proceeds to tell me what to do: sponge bath, Motrin, recheck in 45 minutes....
He's laying in his crib trying to fall asleep now. It seems harsh to wake him to recheck. I think I'll use the underarm thermometer this time.

If it doesn't go down at least 2 degrees in the next 45 minutes she suggests we take him in to the ER. Otherwise we can wait it out for another 2-3 days and then take him in if he doesn't improve. That sounds about right. It's always a Friday evening when my kids get sick and require a doctor. I wonder why that is.


Jennifer McKinney Photography May 16, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

Oh my!! Wast that all happening last night!? How is he today? Oh, brother.

Jennisa - Avery and Livvie's Mommy! May 16, 2007 at 9:19 AM  

Oh Sam...hope your feeling better!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP