Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Turning 30

I turn thirty tomorrow. No big deal. Or is it? I haven't had time to think about it. In fact I haven't had much time to think at all lately. My days are filled with diaper changes, feedings, naps, hugs, kisses, stories, drool, and laughter. I am hopeful that this blog will give me a chance to collect my thoughts and reflect on my life as a mother, wife, friend, daughter, sister, and in-home daycare provider.

Honestly the three new gray hairs I found (that makes a grand total of four) are more tramatizing than the date on the calendar.

There is a picture of me taken in college hanging by my commuter. I don't even know who that girl is anymore. I'm all dressed up. My hair is done. I had make up on and I was ready for an evening at the ballet in Buenas Aires. I look at that girl and think, I didn't even have a clue! My life is so much richer ten years later. At that point I was 1 1/2 years away from meeting the man of my dreams, 7 years from bringing my son into the world, and it would be 9 years before I looked into the eyes of my precious baby girl.

So here I am - about to turn 30. Forget the gray hairs. I'm too busy enjoying my children and husband to care.

1 comments:

Anonymous February 1, 2007 at 1:37 PM  

You are off to a beautiful start with your blog, Carrie! You are a wonderful writer...you can capture thoughts well and convey them uniquely. I like that. I will love keeping up on your blog and, YES, it is addicting!! Happy blogging!

Forest Friends

Campground Chronicles - The Archives

My Talented Blog Designer

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP